By significantly increasing water intake, a lot of health issues improve as the body’s own detoxification and healing methods are supported, with weight loss often resulting!
David Wolfe, one of the world’s leading authorities on nutrition who is featured in the stunning film ‘Food Matters’ says, slowly and emphatically, in an effort to be clearly understood –
“Drink lots of water”… He recommends drinking lots on rising in the morning before breakfast before doing anything else. Therefore this helps to keep up your fluid intake throughout the day . . .
Now some of us find this quite hard to sustain so here’s a few ideas to make it easier . . .
Water Intake Suggestions
1. If you’ve seen the various ‘vitamin waters’ on the market, you may have been tempted try or rely on them. Since they are often too sugary and you can make your own much better version, so simply and inexpensively yourself!
2. To your jug or bottle of filtered water add your choice of lemon slice; a few sliced strawberries; some mint leaves; cucumber slices; or kiwi fruit slices – and voila. Instant vitamised water and something very pretty to brighten your day as well.
3. Remember that every fresh fruit, salad and vegetable that you eat adds to your hydration, so aim for plenty of plant-based meals each day.
4. While caffeinated and coffee act as diuretics and deplete the body further, herbal tea’s do quite the opposite and add to our hydration.
Find teas that you like and start replacing your usual cup with one of these health-building and often antioxidant-rich herb teas
If you really have to have a coffee, make it a decaf if you can.
5. Add vegetables and fresh fruit juices to your day – try a ‘green lemonade’ made with a couple of apples, a lemon, cucumber, lettuce and kale.
Its a zesty super-refreshing start to the day – even kids will drink this one! And how about a carrot, apple and ginger juice, guaranteed to get you fired up!
David Wolfe relates that by significantly increasing water intake, a lot of health issues improve as the body’s own detoxification and healing methods are supported!
So let’s all have another glass of water!!